I have met some who
Make me feel like I have met them before
As if they are little edited versions
Of the ones I used to know
I have known those who
Charm and disarm
But their few little tricks
Interest me for a bit and then no more
As with practice
Even the finest tricks seem a little bore
I have seen those who
Shock and surprise
With their obvious deception and lies
And leave me wondering
Whether they have a conscience
Although there have also been a few
Who are honest to a fault
And while I love their clear hearts
I wonder how they survive
Maybe luck lets the good ones thrive?
I have known few who are blinded by
Various versions of silliness
Imagined or acquired
They bump blindly
Into these maze of restricted possibilities
Not knowing how their biases
Blind them at every turn
And create walls
That just don’t need to be.
I have luckily known few
Who in spite of the different worlds they lived in
Somehow stand out,
In thought and in behavior
In soul and in action
The brightest they could be
The ones who held on to righteous instinct
In spite of their stubborn worlds pushing them
Right against it.
I have known those with a curiously
Infinite ability to love and forgive
With a heart of gold and a tongue so sweet
That it could soften a rock if it decided to.
I have met those with
Determinations so strong and dreams so high
That they convinced me they could capture the sky.
I have met
With shocking beauty
And equally shocking flaws
And sometimes,
I have met them together
In the same person
But the ones I treasure the most
Are the ones whom I meet
And all I can think of
Is how scared am I at the mere thought
Of losing them
Even if for a little while.
It rhymes dear sister! Its very nice and meaningful and thought provoking we all like it! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you :) But this is not your account you are commenting from :P
DeleteThat is a really really sweet poem!! A poem doesn't have to rhyme as long as it conveys your thoughts which this one does very prettily. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, which category am I in? ;)
Thanks Krithikaaa, means a lot :)
DeleteAnd... all the good categories obviously ;) :)
Never really knew that you had an innate writer/poet in you! This new found respect will continue. Keep writing and I too shall keep reading them!
ReplyDeleteSure, thanks a lot :) By the way, I am curious about your real name :)
DeleteBeautifully written! I notice that there is no title...wouldn't "I have met them" be apt??
ReplyDeleteThank so much Puneet :) And yes, what you suggest, I guess it suits the theme. I really wanted to give it a title, but wasn't happy with the choices I came up with, so left it like this :P
DeleteBeautifully written, wonderfully presented! I hope you get more opportunities to pour your heart out and an untainted perspective to back it up :)
ReplyDeleteSo nice of you to say so! Thank you so much :)
Delete