Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Art


 
 
I love art, I love expression

I like small words with big meanings

I like those sentences which are too short,

But even when spoken with the meekest of voices

Evoke emotions so deep, and an applause which is only felt

In the confines of a mind, where there is a confluence

A confluence of conscience, wisdom and beauty

 

I love expressions so evocative, so provocative, so impulsive

That they make you jump in your seat, they make your eyes wide

They fill you with these flavors of joy

And rivers of sadness

And make you feel more than you have felt before

Something which you hadn’t lived or been through

But only imagined.

 

I love the creativity, of those thousands of fluttery thoughts

Which evade like those pretty butterflies

Which are often shooed away by the strong hand of discipline

In ignorance of what beautiful wisdom they could have carried

 

I love to collect those, to announce within these unruly confines

That no rule should be left unbroken

That no mad flutter of a tiny creative thought

Should escape

For I want to collect them, I want to see the pattern

Of what discipline thinks is madness

 

I want to pick each one, and weave through their beauty

And create something of intangible value

A value which makes me applaud

As I sit back some later day…

Looking at those thoughts, those crazy flutters of imagination

Making sense like an out of control orchestra

 

For I love art, I love expression

And although discipline toughens with its blows the unruly mind

I love art

For I think, there’s nothing more divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment