It is a unique privilege and purgatory
To be human
To be a sinner and a victim of sins
All at the same time
It is a relentless journey
To wonder what peace feels like
And discover it after a while of pondering
Just to eventually realize
Maybe this is not what one ought to be -
Calm as ice, unaffected, unmoved
As strong and steady as a rock
For don't we all love a little shake?
That ends the dream,
but drives us awake
It is marvelous though unsettling
To let yourself just feel
Every emotion
As with its strong wave it wipes out clear
The dreams and sandcastles you built
While you discovered peace
In the end I realize
Of all the ways I try to just be
I find it easiest
To be human
When I have few fellow miserable ones with me
No comments:
Post a Comment